Community

To:
Subject:

Impressions - Earnings

BlackSiny
Mar 07, 2012 (2 years 47 days ago) edited 2 years 47 days ago

Hi there Im testing MechiAds for a small Page where i will host Flashgames. As I said its just a test and so all I have are 7 Ad Impressions: Nebula Invaders 2 7 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 2012-02-22

Im very new to this, so my question is, how much impressions i need to see the first earnings? is it possible to say: u need 100 impressions to see 1 cent in earnings report? is there a way i can calculate that? and does every impression give me money?

there is 1 more question. lets say i need 20 impressions for 1 cent and i have 10 impressions last month and 10 this month. do i get the cent then or are they reseted in some way?

thx alot for the help (and forgive my englishskills plx :) BlackSiny

• Thankful People:

Impressions - Earnings

egdcltd
Mar 07, 2012 (2 years 47 days ago)

United Kingdom GB

Okay, the value of an ad varies. Some are CPC, they won't pay on impressions, some are CPM, they will. Some may be CPA, but I can't remember.

The amount also depends on where the ad is viewed; US ads typically generate more revenue than any other country.

It's not unusual to need to receive dozens of impressions to earn even one cent, but you could earn with just one. The most important factor here is where your traffic is coming from.

Earnings aren't reset at month end; they will accumulate until you reach the payment threshold, which as a publisher with good quality traffic can easily require 500,000+ impressions. Lower quality may need millions.

• Thankful People:

Impressions - Earnings

BlackSiny

thx for the information. so i need something between 500,000 to x millions to get 100$ which will be my first payment?

hmm lets say i have 100,000 visitors and each play 10 games. there sould be a better way to get money from that trafic, have you any tipps?

• Thankful People:

Impressions - Earnings

egdcltd

United Kingdom GB

Yes, use on page advertising such as Google AdSense. The revenue from that is much, much higher. On one site I worked out the ratio of being several hundred times higher; on another, AdSense earned more in two months than I earned as a Mochi publisher in over one and a half years.

Publisher revenue is just a bit of pin money unless you get a lot of impressions. It shouldn't be depended on as your primary revenue source. Do note that Mochi are the only ad network that pays publishers anything though.

• Thankful People:
Back To The Forums